Martinsville Bulletin, Inc.
P. O. Box 3711
204 Broad Street
Martinsville, Virginia 24115
Toll Free: 800-234-6575
Dozens indicted in county
Kenneth Tyrone Moore
Tuesday, March 20, 2012
A Martinsville man was indicted on one count of murder Monday in connection with the October shooting death of another man.
Kenneth Tyrone Moore, 52, of 901 Forest Lake Drive, Martinsville, also was indicted by grand jurors seated in Henry County on charges of use of a firearm in commission of a felony and possession of a firearm by a felon convicted more than 10 years before.
The indictments were in connection with the Oct. 29 shooting death of Gilbert Harold Robinson Jr., 57, of Horsepasture.
Robinson was shot at least once in the left shoulder during an incident that began around 8:50 p.m. on Oct. 29, police have said.
Henry County Sheriff Lane Perry said at the time of the shooting that it appeared that an argument between two men earlier that day erupted again that night.
“Basically, they had been in an altercation earlier in the day,” and the person suspected of shooting Robinson allegedly “retrieved a weapon from another residence, went back, confronted him again and shot him,” Henry County Sheriff’s Capt. Ricky Walker said.
Walker added that the incident occurred in an apartment building in the 400 block of Dan-Wythe Drive in Horsepasture.
Robinson was airlifted that night to Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital. He died at the hospital Nov. 25, according to an obituary published in the Bulletin on Nov. 27.
An indictment is not an indication of guilt. It is a grand jury’s determination that enough evidence exists to hold a trial.
Also among the approximately 100 indictments issued Monday were charges filed in connection with a blaze that destroyed much of the former J.D. Bassett Manufacturing Co. Plant No. 2 on Nov. 21.
Silas Samuel Crane, 33, of 1580 Oak Level Road, Bassett, was indicted on one count each of statutory burglary and arson during the commission of a felony in connection with an incident between Nov. 20-21.
According to previous reports, the fire began after copper was taken from the former factory on Trent Hill Drive in Bassett.
Crane also was indicted on a grand larceny charge in connection with an incident between July 1 and Aug. 12.
Also indicted Monday were:
• Fred Charles Stuart Jr., 55, 567 Woodland Drive, Bassett, rape, Sept. 5.
• Tommy Weldon Amos, 50, 105 Compton Road, Martinsville, bigamy, Dec. 20, 2010.
• Marcus Antonio Bradley, 32, 101 Amos Road, Martinsville, burglary — common law (nighttime), Nov. 21.
• Scott Franklin Vernon, 34, 835 Trent Hill Drive, Bassett, felonious violation of the Habitual Offender Act (dangerous driving), Dec. 3.
• Melvin Taron Thomas, 25, 739 Stultz Road, Martinsville, possession of cocaine with intent to distribute — second or subsequent offense, Dec. 5.
• Jennifer Darlene Stump, 34, 13 Grace Drive, Bassett, one count each of grand larceny of a vehicle and obtain money or property by false pretense (misdemeanor), Nov. 14.
• Jerri Jean DeHart, 42, 1306 Cardinal Lane, Collinsville, third-offense larceny (shoplifting), Nov. 23.
• Marcus Antonio Scott, 35, 108 S. Barton St., Martinsville, one count each of abduction, robbery and use of a firearm in commission of a felony, Nov. 12.
• Donald Lawrence Bullins, 20, 120 Stanley Main St., Stanleytown, grand larceny, July 29.
• Joshua Lee Marshall, 27, 430 Appletree Circle, Martinsville, one count each of statutory burglary of a dwelling, grand larceny and grand larceny (firearm), Dec. 16.
• Jocelyn Demetrica Turner, 28, 118 Crestwood Court, Martinsville, third-offense larceny (shoplifting), Dec. 6.
• Luis Ernesto Montes-Cisneros, 31, 95 Walsh Park, Axton, distribute cocaine, Oct. 20.
• Jennifer Michelle Blankenship, 20, 59 Norwood Drive, Collinsville, two counts each of forgery and utter a forged check, Dec. 28-29.
• Albert Lamont Lawson, 32, 3 Maple Grove Ave., Danville, felony worthless check, May 24, 2010.
• Maria Elizabeth Greene, 28, 2119 Koger Mill Road, Patrick Springs, embezzlement (grand larceny), Aug. 31.
• April Shavonne Dixon, 34, 102 Pony Place, Martinsville, third-offense larceny (shoplifting), Nov. 19.
• Amy Hope Robertson, 33, 44 Hill & Dale St., Martinsville, one count each of grand larceny and third-offense larceny, Dec. 16.
• Brandi Ree Waller, 35, 219 Apache Trail, Martinsville, possess stolen property with intent to distribute, Dec. 16.
• Anthony Lee Turner, 24, 1512 Crestridge Road, Bassett, one count each of felony hit and run with personal injury — passenger fails to report; and assault and batter, Dec. 5.
• Casey Lynn Rogers, 19, 1512 Crestridge Road, Bassett, felony hit and run with personal injury — passenger fails to report, Dec. 5.
• Rebecca Bowman Rogers, 41, 210 Mountain View Road, Meadows of Dan, one count each of felony hit and run and attempted grand larceny, Dec. 5.
• Sharon Jacqueline Davis, 25, 75 Richwood Circle, Martinsville, grand larceny, Nov. 18.
• Jonathan Lanier Hodge, 24, 40 Eagle Lane, Martinsville, malicious use of toxic gas, Sept. 13.
• Bobby Garrett Greer, 25, 863 Flamingo Road, Bassett, grand larceny, between Aug. 5-7.
• Travis Dean Stanley, 19, 3205 Bassett Heights Ext., Bassett, grand larceny, between July 22 - Sept. 3.
• James William Priddy Jr., 53, 81 Fairfield Ave., Danville, maliciously shoot at or within an occupied dwelling, Jan. 9.
• Kristina Branham Archer, 38, 130 Elam Drive, Ridgeway, third-offense larceny (shoplifting), Jan. 9.
• Roylee Howard Hall, 26, 99 Appletree Circle, Martinsville, malicious wounding, Jan. 1.
• Byron Joseph Hodges, 26, 235 Lafayette Ave., Martinsville, one count each of grand larceny and statutory burglary of a dwelling — enter at night to commit larceny, Jan. 2.
• James Michael O’Neal King, 31, 164 Fallen Tree Lane, Ararat, one count each of robbery, July 16; and grand larceny of a vehicle, Dec. 8.
• Mariana Elizabeth Lopez, 19, 1446 W. Fayette St., Martinsville, one count each of robbery, felony fail to stop for law enforcement officer and conspiracy to commit robbery, Dec. 13.
• Ryan Demon Porter, 23, 102 Pony Place, Martinsville, one count each of robbery; use of firearm in commission of a felony; statutory burglary with intent to commit murder, rape, robbery or arson; conspiracy to commit robbery; and wounding during the commission of a felony, Dec. 13.
• John Lincoln Turner, 24, 23 Lawton Drive, Bassett, four counts of grand larceny; two counts of statutory burglary of a building with intent to commit larceny; and one count of statutory burglary, incidents between Oct. 1 and Dec. 31.
• Barry Lee Artis, 46, 711 Shed Road, Eden, N.C., grand larceny — bringing stolen property into the commonwealth, Dec. 28.
• Jamie Lee Adkins, 31, 2900 Kings Mill Road, Ridgeway, obtain money or property by false pretense, Dec. 26.
• Barry Dean Amos, 43, 889 Tightsqueeze Road, Chatham, one count each of forgery and utter forged check, Oct. 28.
• Jamie Lee Bridges, 21, 253 Hobson Road, Axton, obtain money or property by false pretense, Jan. 19.
• Crystal McKenzie Corum, 29, 11017 N.C. Highway 87, Reidsville, N.C., obtain money or property by false pretense, Dec. 26.
• Charles Edward Crane, 44, 30 Harbour Park Lane, Bassett, three counts of statutory burglary of dwelling and two counts of grand larceny, incidents in December.
• Coy Markeis Grant, 19, 616 Forest St., Martinsville, one count each of entering property with intent to damage or interfere and felony property damage — intentional, June incidents.
• James Lester Helton, 31, 75 Sara Lane, Bassett, arson of personal property, Aug. 5.
• Christopher Blake Hughes, 21, 16 Autumn Forest Court, Ridgeway, one count each of statutory burglary of dwelling and grand larceny, Jan. 6.
• James Marvin Hundley, 30, 253 Hobson Road, Axton, one count each of grand larceny, grand larceny (firearm), and statutory burglary of a dwelling, between Dec. 5-6.
• David Joel Lawson, 65, 2917 W. Grace St., Richmond, possess cocaine, April 18.
• Elijah Paul Love, 22, 15 Belvedere Drive, Fieldale, one count each of entering property with intent to damage or interfere and grand larceny, July 12.
• Travis Daryl Martin, 33, 263 Friendly Church Road, Martinsville, one count each of fraudulent conversion of a vehicle subject to a lien and obtaining money or property by false pretense, between June 9 and July 10.
• Bo James Mitchell, 32, 31 Birchleaf Circle, Bassett, one count each of possess methamphetamine, possess Schedule III controlled substance and possess Schedule IV controlled substance, Sept. 12.
• Marquis Lamont Penn, 23, 323 Michelle St., Martinsville, one count each of third-offense obtaining money or property by false pretense; identity theft — fraud; and misdemeanor credit card fraud, March 30.
• Justina Dawn Rusgrove, 31, 460 Thompson Ridge Road, Ferrum, credit card fraud — use of a stolen or illegally retained card, Dec. 2-3.
• James Anthony Smith Jr., 24, 3459 County Line Road, Bassett, one count each of statutory burglary of a building with intent to commit larceny; and grand larceny, Aug. 4.
• David Keith Vaughn, 49, 640 Jones Ridge Road, Axton, one count each of embezzlement and obtain money or property by false pretense, between May 15 and June 20.
• Glenwood Arnold Walker, 64, 640 Jones Ridge Road, Axton, embezzlement (grand larceny), between Aug. 1 and Nov. 17.
• Jeffrey Dale Witt, 44, 4890 Airport Road, Bassett, one count each of entering property with intent to damage or interfere and grand larceny, July 12.