Martinsville Bulletin, Inc.
P. O. Box 3711
204 Broad Street
Martinsville, Virginia 24115
Toll Free: 800-234-6575
BREAKING NEWS: Man burned in fire at Stoneleigh
Wednesday, November 14, 2012
A man who suffered burns in a fire on the the grounds of the historic Stoneleigh mansion in Stanleytown early Wednesday night was being flown by helicopter to Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center in Winston-Salem, N.C.
Junior Lynch, chief of the Bassett Fire Department, said he wasn’t sure of the man’s name. Lynch said the man took care of maintenance at Stoneleigh.
Lynch said it appeared the man was driving a pickup truck than ran over the fill valve of an in-ground 1,000-gallon propane tank, starting a fire.
The fire was dispatched about 6:05 p.m., Lynch said.
This home was not damaged in the incident, he added.
See this site and Thursday's Martinsville Bulletin for full details.