Click for NEWS Click for SPORTS Click for ACCENT Click for OPINION Click for OBITUARIES Click for CALENDAR Click for CLASSIFIEDS Click for ARCHIVES Click for SPECIALSECTIONS
Subscribe  •  Business Directory  •  Recipes  •  The Stroller  •  Weddings  •  School Menus  •  Community Links  •  VA Lottery  •  Contact Us
Sunday, December 21, 2014
News Search   


Martinsville Bulletin, Inc.
P. O. Box 3711
204 Broad Street
Martinsville, Virginia 24115
276-638-8801
Toll Free: 800-234-6575

Collins McKee - Click for Website
Unattended cooking was cause of fire

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

An unattended item left on a kitchen stove caused the fatal fire in Patrick Springs on Thursday, according to a Patrick County Sheriff’s Office release.

Patrick Sheriff’s Investigator Karen Weidhaas and Henry County Public Safety Director Rodney Howell, who assisted in the investigation, have determined that the source of the fire was an item left unattended on the kitchen stove the release stated.

The release also stated that medical examiner’s office in Roanoke on Monday positively identified the victim as Allen Marsella Poole, 49. Identification was made through dental records, Patrick County Sheriff Dan Smith stated in the release.

Poole’s sister, Marilyn Cassady of Bassett, had released his name Friday.

Authorities received the fire call at 1:16 a.m. Thursday, and several county fire departments responded to the scene at 58 Steele Farm Lane in Patrick Springs.

 

 
West Piedmont Workforce Investment Board - Click for Website
The Spencer Group - Click for Website
The Eye Site - Click for Website
AUTO TECH - Click for Website
Joe Cobbe CPA - Click for Website
A-CO - Click for Website
PHCC - Click for Website
New College Institute - Click for Website
Everything Outdoors - Click for Website
Rives S. Brown Realtors - Click for Website