Martinsville Bulletin, Inc.
P. O. Box 3711
204 Broad Street
Martinsville, Virginia 24115
Toll Free: 800-234-6575
BREAKING NEWS: Man burned in cooking fire
Thursday, February 14, 2013
A Ridgeway man was injured in a cooking fire Thursday, according to Henry County Fire Marshal Pete Draper.
Ezra Barnes, 66, of Smith Lake Road, told rescue crews that “he was cooking and set something on the stove on fire,” Draper said.
Barnes’ clothes then caught fire, Draper added.
He was airlifted to Wake Forest University Medical Center for treatment of what Draper said were third-degree burns mainly to the man’s torso and one of his arms.