Martinsville Bulletin, Inc.
P. O. Box 3711
204 Broad Street
Martinsville, Virginia 24115
Toll Free: 800-234-6575
Grand jury releases 50 indictments
Tuesday, March 19, 2013
A Henry County grand jury released 50 indictments that were issued Monday.
An indictment is not an indication of guilt, but rather a grand jury’s determination that enough evidence exists to warrant a trial.
Following is a partial list of those indicted Monday. Additional indictments will be in Wednesday’s Martinsville Bulletin.
Among those indicted were:
• Joshua Lee Hylton, 24, 192 Erwin St., Martinsville, one count each robbery, malicious wounding and use of a firearm in commission of a felony, Nov. 14.
• James Bryant Wheeler, 26, 55 Pin Oak Lane, Bassett, one count each possession of firearm while in possession of cocaine, possess cocaine and possession of firearm by a felon convicted within 10 years, Nov. 22.
• Jacques Wiley Bray Jr., 52, 116 Linsey St., Reidsville, N.C., felony shoplifting (grand larceny), Dec. 4.
• Ryan Gregory Penn, 19, 925 Forest Lake Drive, Martinsville, two counts grand larceny (firearm) and one count statutory burglary of dwelling to commit larceny, Nov. 23.
• Rafael Garcia Olvera, 36, 46 King Air Ave., Ridgeway, possess with intent to distribute Schedule II controlled substance, Dec. 8.
• Sherlynn Lee Easley, 50, 3721 Wyatt Farm Road, Axton, third offense larceny (shoplifting), Oct. 23.
• Darrius Rick-cardo Estes, 19, 4551 Morgan Ford Road or 47 Marrowbone Drive, Ridgeway, one count of rape, Oct. 19, 2011.
• Christopher Lee Thompson, 28, 127 Luther St., Ridgeway, third offense larceny, Dec. 5.
• Terri Anne Nolen, 40, 479 Reed Creek Drive, Bassett, grand larceny of vehicle, Dec. 2.
• Starrette Ann Osborne, 44, 103 Woodlyn Drive, Collinsville, felony shoplifting, Dec. 28.
• Brian Douglas Johnson, 42, 101 Darby Drive, Martinsville, malicious wounding, Dec. 31.
• Jonathan Michael Hedrick, 20, 89 Meadow Green Drive, Bassett, and/or 14645 Callands Road, Callands, two counts third offense obtain money or property by false pretense; one count grand larceny, between Nov. 7 and Nov. 15.
• David Andrew Adams, 25, 313 Conestoga Court, Collinsville, six counts each forge a public document and uttering (passing) a forged public record, in July and September.