Martinsville Bulletin, Inc.
P. O. Box 3711
204 Broad Street
Martinsville, Virginia 24115
Toll Free: 800-234-6575
20 arrested in probe
Friday, March 22, 2013
A seven-month investigation by the Henry County Sheriff’s Office resulted in a number of indictments issued Monday and arrests made Thursday, according to a release from the Henry County Sheriff’s Office.
The June-to-January operation netted 70 felony and six misdemeanor criminal charges on 37 adults, the release stated.
Most, but not all, of the charges are drug-related. Two of the charges filed are firearms charges.
The operation focused on known drug areas in the county and included undercover drug purchases, search warrants and vehicle stops in Ridgeway, Axton, Collinsville, Bassett and Horsepasture, Sheriff’s Capt. Eric Winn said in the release.
Authorities bought or seized quantities of cocaine ranging from 1 gram to 3.5 grams, methamphetamine ranging from 1 gram to 4 ounces, heroin ranging from .03 grams to 5.4 grams and marijuana ranging from 10 ounces to 3 pounds, according to the release. Also, quantities of methadone, oxycodone and fentanyl were bought or seized in quantities of one-to-50 pills, with prices that ranged from $2 to $30 per pill, the release stated.
The indictments issued Monday were unsealed Thursday when the arrests were made, the release added.
An indictment is not an indication of guilt. It is a grand jury’s determination that enough evidence exists to hold a trial.
Those arrested Thursday are:
• Jennifer Cristine Brown, 25, 776 Crestview Road, Bassett, two counts each distribute methamphetamine and endanger life of child.
• Brittany Elizabeth Clark, 24, 278 Hales Fishpond Road, Bassett, distribute Schedule II controlled substance.
• Rhonda Sue Craig, 34, 387 Blue Ridge Yacht Club Road, Bassett, distribute oxycodone.
• Adam Lee Daniels, 28, 776 Crestview Drive, Bassett, distribute methamphetamine.
• Casey Steven East, 22, 387 Blue Ridge Yacht Club Road, Bassett, distribute oxycodone.
• Ricky Lee Goins, 45, 2340 Egg Farm Road, Patrick Springs, distribute methamphetamine.
• George Clinton Haislip III, 21, 165 Conestoga Park, Collinsville, three counts distribute cocaine, second offense.
• Amy Dawn Harris, 29, 316 Mrs. Turner Road, Bassett, distribute methamphetamine.
• Tammy Wynette Hill, 45, 420 Kohler Road, Martinsville, two counts distribute cocaine.
• Kasie Lane Joyce, 22, 117 Crabtree Lane, Bassett, one count each distribute oxycodone, possession of Schedule II controlled substance.
• Mary Virginia Kinney, 49, 117 Crabtree Lane, Bassett, one count each distribute oxycodone, distribute methadone, distribute Schedule II controlled substance, possession of oxycodone, possession of methadone.
• Bruce Michael Labalbo, 60, 1624 Old Leaksville Road, Ridgeway, one count each manufacture marijuana with intent to distribute, possession marijuana with intent to distribute.
• James Douglas Martin, 60, 51 Belshire Drive, Fieldale, distribute cocaine.
• Christianne Michelle Nunley, 21, 4245 Stones Dairy Road, Bassett, two counts distribute Schedule II substance.
• Michael Wayne Richards, 38, 108 Peach Court, Bassett, one count each possess firearm by convicted felon, possess ammunition by a convicted felon.
• Jose Juan Salas, 46, 274 Park Lane, Martinsville, distribute marijuana.
• Billy James Scott, 23, 420 Kohler Road, Martinsville, two counts distribute heroin, second offense; one count distribute cocaine, second offense, and one misdemeanor count of obtain money by false pretenses.
• Stephanie Palmer Stanley, 38, 1223 Top St., Martinsville, two counts distribute Schedule I substance.
• Lane Matthew Stegall Jr., 24, 2540 Stones Dairy Road, Bassett, distribute oxycodone.
• Farrel Jerran Street, 53, 9754 Fairystone Park Highway, Bassett, distribute cocaine.
Seventeen people still are wanted on 36 charges in connection with the investigation and sealed indictments, Winn said in the release. Those indictments will be unsealed as the arrests are made, he added.