Martinsville Bulletin, Inc.
P. O. Box 3711
204 Broad Street
Martinsville, Virginia 24115
Toll Free: 800-234-6575
Nearly 40 names are released in indictments
Wednesday, November 13, 2013
Nearly 40 people were named in more than 80 indictments that were made available to the public on Tuesday.
The indictments had been sealed after a grand jury met in Martinsville on Nov. 4.
An indictment is not an indication of guilt. It is a grand jury’s finding that enough evidence exists to hold a trial.
Those named in the indictments are:
• Demetrius Lawarren Flood, 27, 22 High St., Martinsville, one count each distribute hydrocodone, distribute oxycodone and possess a firearm while distributing oxycodone, May 13-15.
• Joshua Daniel Clay, 25, 403 Harris Drive, Martinsville, one count each statutory rape and forcible sodomy of a child under 13, between Nov. 10, 2012, and April 7.
• Ashley Elliott Gilbert, 32, 122 Baronwood Road, Martinsville, statutory burglary, March 28.
• Alfred Ray Lemons, 57, 308 Figsboro Road, Martinsville, one count each forgery of check and utter (pass) forged check, June 13.
• Byron Jerome Hairston, 53, 590 North Fork Road, Martinsville, unauthorized use of a vehicle, July 2.
• Orlando Elijah White, 28, Drewry Road, Martinsville, distribution of cocaine — third or subsequent offense, March 26.
• Misty Taylor, 29, 1155 Pine Hall Road, Martinsville, distribution of cocaine, Aug. 8, 2012.
• Tavon Deonte Richardson, 22, 1446 W. Fayette St., Martinsville, distribution of cocaine, second or subsequent offense, March 23, 2012.
• Keon Dashawn Martin, 26, 100 Charles St., Collinsville, distribution of cocaine, June 20.
• John Reffer Martin, 60, 212 Fayette St., Martinsville, two counts distribution of cocaine, Feb. 21 and April 11.
• Curtis Ray Martin, 52, 1104 Smith Lake Road, Martinsville, distribution of cocaine, April 16.
• Deonata Rontickus Holland, 28, 307 First St., Martinsville, distribute hydrocodone and acetaminophen, May 2.
• Marcus Clay Hall, 55, 911 Askin St., Martinsville, two counts distribution of cocaine; one count distribute more than 1/2 ounce and less than five pounds of marijuana, March incidents.
• Danny Lee Hairston, 50, 1404 Roundabout Road, Martinsville, four counts distribution of cocaine, third or subsequent offense, April incidents.
• Qwanta Devone Daye, 28, 78 Halifax Drive, Collinsville, distribute oxycodone, second offense, April 17.
• Thomas Hewin Coles, 57, 1308 Hillcrest Drive, Martinsville, two counts distribution of cocaine, January and April incidents.
• Anthony Javon Waller, 29, 115 Conestoga Court, Collinsville, three counts distribute hydrocodone and acetaminophen; one count each carry a concealed weapon, possess a firearm by a convicted felon, distribute less than 1/2 ounce marijuana and distribute alprazolam, July and April incidents.
• Jamar Martez Titus, 29, 1615 Rivermont Heights, Martinsville, two counts distribute dihydrocodeinone and acetaminophen, May and June.
• Demetrius Antwan Preston, 36, 1414 Chatham Heights, Martinsville, one count distribute benzylpiperazine, methylethcathinone and methylone, March 21.
• Donovan Jerrell Harris, 22, 800 Candy Creek Road, Reidsville, N.C., two counts each forgery and uttering; one count identity theft, Sept. 17, 2012.
• Pharis Raymond Grant, 60, 11 Dunlap St., Martinsville, three counts distribution of cocaine, second or subsequent, April incidents.
• Joseph Andrew “Joey” Eggleston, 36, 710 Barrows Mill Road, Martinsville, two counts each forgery and uttering, May 30 and 31.
• Frank Albert “Frankie” Davis, 48, 718 Morrison Drive, Martinsville, possess meth precursors, June 24.
• Anthony Buddy Briggs, 31, 1146 Sylvan Ave., Martinsville, distribute oxycodone, March 14.
• Marcus Ryan Barnes, 35, 42 Mitchell Farm Road, Martinsville, one count each possess hydrocodone, possess marijuana with intent to distribute and possess cocaine with intent to distribute, March 28.
• Charles Savon Witcher, 19, 1040 Oak St., Martinsville, one count possess a firearm by a convicted felon, July 13.
• Richard Daniel Price, 56, 854 Smith St., Martinsville, three counts felony child endangerment; one count DUI, second offense, all July 7.
• Sarah Beth Philbrook, 31, 511 Monroe St., Martinsville, animal cruelty, May 12.
• Caleb Andrew Philbrook, 31, 511 Monroe St., Martinsville, animal cruelty, May 12.
• Julie Priti Patel, 37, 605 5th St., Martinsville, arson of a dwelling house, Aug. 6.
• John Mitchell Gayle, 50, 840 Hundley St., Martinsville, one count each driving while intoxicated, possess a firearm by a convicted felon and possess ammunition by a convicted felon, May 14.
• Melissa Danielle Easterling, 31, 101 Warren Court, Martinsville, felony fail to appear, July 18.
• Vernon Leon Charles III, 29, 216 Greyson St., Martinsville, one count each receiving goods fraudulently obtained and credit card fraud, July 12.
• Christopher Lawrence Wingfield, 28, 117 Sellers St., Martinsville, one count each distribute benzylpiperazine, methylethcathinone and methylone; possess marijuana with intent to distribute; and perjury, April incidents.
• Kenneth Ray Lampkins, 47, 247 Brass Shop Road, Ridgeway, assault police officer, May 24.