More than 465 people from 16 states were registered for Thursday’s second annual Turkey Day 5K and Family Fun Run in uptown Martinsville.
People from California, Nevada, New Mexico, Michigan and other states were among those registered for the event, which was put on by Activate MHC and the Martinsville-Henry County Family YMCA.
Participants ranged in age from 2 to 70.
Swag for the race included custom-printed pot holders and dish towels to compliment last year’s aprons.
Runners, walkers, volunteers and others were treated to fresh apples and homemade ginger snaps at the finish line.
The fastest race gobblers and their times were:
• First place male: Joel Johnston, age 19; time 17:27
• Second place male: H.T. Page, age 53; time 18:46
• Third place male: Todd Moran, age 17; time 18:52
• First place female: Madelynn Knight, age 14; time 21:20
• Second place female: Chekka Lash, age 31; time 21:38
• Third place female: Chelsea Leonard, age 23; time 22:38
• First place family: David, Stuart and Trent Philpott; time 22:22
• Second place family: Jennifer and Johnny Pinkard; time 25:39
• Third place family: Robbie and Kaden Knight; time 27:25
• Master male: Gray Friedrichs; time 20:23
• Master female: Karen Dillon; time 24:42
• Grand master male: R.J. Scott; time 19:29
• Grand master female: Judy Machuhinnie; time 26:04
Full results will be posted on the website, www.MilesinMartinsville.com, early next week.
According to a news release from Cari Zimmer of Activate, the city staff — road crews, police and EMS — ensured the safety of all participants.
Proceeds from this and all Miles in Martinsville events support outreach programs of Activate MHC and the Y, such as the “Borrow a Bike, Bring it Back” Bike Barn, membership scholarships and financial assistance for child care.