Martinsville Bulletin, Inc.
P. O. Box 3711
204 Broad Street
Martinsville, Virginia 24115
Toll Free: 800-234-6575
Arrests made in drug probe
Indictments issued against 33 adults; 12 still at large
Friday, May 23, 2014
Twenty-one people were arrested Thursday on drug indictments that were issued by a Henry County grand jury Monday and sealed until the arrests, according to the Henry County Sheriff’s Office.
A total of 69 felony and two misdemeanor state criminal charges were issued on 33 adults in connection with two joint drug investigations in Henry County, a sheriff’s office news release stated.
Twelve people still are being sought on outstanding sealed indictments. The indictments will be unsealed Tuesday or when the people are arrested, whichever comes first, according to Capt. Eric Winn of the sheriff’s office.
The joint investigations were between October 2012 and March 2013 and between May 2013 and February of this year.
Known drug areas of the county were the focus of the operation, and street-level dealers and methamphetamine/marijuana manufacturers were the target of both operations, the release stated. Undercover drug purchases, search warrants and vehicle stops occurred in Bassett, Axton, Ridgeway, Collinsville and Spencer, it added.
Quantities of cocaine, methamphetamine, methamphetamine precursor chemicals, marijuana and pharmaceutical pills were seized during these operations, the release stated. Assets connected to narcotics trafficking seized during the operation include a residence, boat, motorcycle, tractor, ATV, electronics, vehicles and U.S. currency, it added.
The investigation led to two federal charges of conspiracy to distribute 500 grams of methamphetamine against two men, the release stated.
Indictments were issued Monday as a result of the investigations, and on Thursday the following people were arrested on the following charges:
• Melvin Glen Brooks, 50, 1861 Blue Ridge Yacht Club Road, Bassett; possess oxycodone, possess Schedule II drug with intent to distribute, possess marijuana (misdemeanor).
• Ashley Jyl Brown, 29, 48 Joey Court, Bassett; distribute oxycodone, conspiracy to distribute oxycodone.
• Ralph William Carroll Jr., 45, 290 Flint Ridge Lane, Bassett; distribute cocaine third offense (two counts).
• Timothy Doran Carter, 53, 1010 Hidden Valley Drive, Martinsville; manufacture marijuana with intent to distribute.
• Kathy Lynn Chaney, 46, 1380 Orchard Drive, Bassett; distribute oxycodone (two counts).
• Stephen Vance Chitwood, 30, 315 Kimberly Drive, Bassett; manufacture methamphetamine, possess methamphetamine, possess precursors with intent to manufacture methamphetamine.
• Adam Lee Daniels, 30, 756 Crestview Drive, Bassett; possess methamphetamine.
• Anne Maria Dillon, 28, 4055 Stones Dairy Road, Bassett; distribute methamphetamine.
• Edward Ray Eggleton, 63, 976 Reed Creek Drive, Bassett; manufacture marijuana with intent to distribute.
• Stephanie Kay Fackler, 30, 677 Frank Redd Road, Fieldale; distribute cocaine (two counts).
• Thomas Lester Hagwood Jr., 38, 415 Southland Drive, Martinsville; distribute cocaine, third offense.
• Rodney Wayne Mullins, 51, 117 Spruce Pine Lane, Bassett; manufacture methamphetamine.
• Laura Elizabeth Parnell, 45, 1268 Daniels Creek Road, Collinsville; distribute Schedule III controlled substance.
• Joshua Ryan Pulliam, 25, 16 Rhodes Lane, Stuart; deliver drugs to prisoner, distribute oxycodone.
• Jennifer Lynn Rea, 35, 1010 Hidden Valley Drive, Martinsville; manufacture marijuana with intent to distribute.
• William Bradley Rea, 30, 66 John Redd Blvd., Collinsville; manufacture methamphetamine, conspiracy to manufacture methamphetamine, possess methamphetamine, possess precursors with intent to manufacture methamphetamine.
• Kevin Daniel Robertson, 36, 2341 Columbus Drive, Bassett; distribute oxycodone (four counts).
• Daniel Carmen Salinas, 21, 120 Applewood Road, Martinsville; distribute oxycodone, distribute methamphetamine, distribute cocaine, distribute imitation controlled substance, obtain money by false pretense (misdemeanor).
• Angela Marie Triplett, 37, 221 Amos Road, Martinsville; manufacture methamphetamine, distribute methamphetamine, possess precursors with intent to manufacture methamphetamine, manufacture methamphetamine with a child present.
• Ronnie Eugene Tunstall, 53, 35 Michaels Court, Collinsville; distribute cocaine second offense.
• Tiffany Dawn Willard, 28, 451 Heatherview Drive, Martinsville; attempt to possess oxycodone.
An indictment does not indicate guilt. It is a grand jury’s determination that there is enough evidence to hold a trial.
The joint drug investigations were conducted by the Henry County Sheriff’s Office, in cooperation with the Henry County Commonwealth Attorney’s Office, Virginia State Police, Martinsville Police Department and the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA).